Sunday 2 October 2011

MIA in SA

     Sorry for the infrequent blog posts. I guess since my life here is normal, I don't know why people want to here about it! But then, a combination of a Facebook post from my mother (parents and fb-who thought it was a good idea?) and listening to various internet/technology problems, I remember: "I'm in Africa! I get to work with kids all the time! This is actually kind of interesting to people." At least, to people who have decided to read my blog, I mean.
     So, since my last post, more kids have been discharged from Brooklyn Chest. My capstone is to introduce an NGO that works with adult patients and life skills (If anyone knows of one, I would love some help!). I went to another soccer game. And, I spent a weekend in a township. Also, my friends have officially spread out across the globe. I have one in China, one in Jordan, one in France, some in Argentina, two in the UK, and some back home!
     Anyways, one of my kind brothers told me to put more pictures up and less words. So, I'll follow his advice.
Me with a penguin. I refer to all penguins here as Sparky, in honor of Willy's adopted penguin.

Emily, myself, Joel, and "Bubbles" (Laura) at the Greenpoint Stadium.

The group on our way to Cape Point, Africa's most south-western point. 

We made it! Our driver, Mark, is on the left, and Angela, our director, is on the right.

Enjoying the spring weather at Hudson's Burger Joint in City Center.

I buried Elzino in the sand.

The kids enjoying a rare trip outside of the hospital. For some, it was their first trip to a beach!

The school age kids and their nurses/doctors with Table Mountain in the background.

A cool Vespa.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment